Our thick sheets are perfect for anything that requires card eg thick hand-decorated greeting cards, postcards, crafting projects. Please note that, as our sheets are handmade to increase germination rates, there will be some variation in thickness.
We do not recommend printing on these sheets using a home printer as they’re intended for crafting. We would not recommend using a commercial printer, unless they’re experienced with printing on handmade seed paper, as seeds can either become over-heated or crushed in the process. Dislodged seeds could also cause damage to their expensive machines or take a long time to cleanout. The only commercial printing we would recommend is screen printing without excessive pressure.
Our seed paper is packed full of seeds! We choose our seed mixes with bees in mind and each sheet includes Sweet Alyssum, Poppy, Baby’s Breath & Rudbeckia. These are non-invasive species that are commonly found in garden shops. They can be grown in pots and left outside for bees and other pollinators but they should not be planted in the wild so as to avoid disturbing nature.
To make sure your seed paper has the best chance of turning into beautiful flowers, be sure to write/print detailed instructions on it.
– Recommended planting time – Spring/Summer (when it’s warm/hot)
– Soak in water and tear into small pieces.
– Place pieces in a pot of compost and very lightly sprinkle more compost on top
– Water and keep the soil and paper moist (do not let it dry out but do not leave it constantly wet either) in a warm and light environment
– Once your small plants have grown, place pot outside or keep on a window that has lots of sun.
– Do not plant in nature – eco systems are fragile.
For more info, please visit our FAQs page.