PLANTABLE SEED PAPER HEARTS
These heart shapes are made from handmade seeded paper and are perfect for wedding favours, crafting gift tags (hole and string not provided) or adding to greeting cards or party bags. Each one is made from 100% recycled cotton and embedded with bee friendly flower seeds.
Quantities over 25 are counted by weight to keep prices as low as possible. We always add a few extra to try and ensure that there are no less that specified but numbers cannot be guaranteed.
We choose our seed mixes with bees in mind and our seed paper includes a variation of Sweet Alyssum, Poppy, Baby’s Breath, Rudbeckia, Cosmos & Basil. Depending on the season and seed availability, a couple of varieties may not be included but there will always be a mix of at least 4 seed types. These are non-invasive species that are commonly found in garden centres. They can be grown in pots and left outside but we do not recommend disturbing nature by planting in the wild.
To make sure your seed paper has the best chance of turning into beautiful flowers, be sure to include detailed instructions on it.
– Recommended planting time – Spring/Summer (when it’s warm/hot)
– Soak in water and tear into small pieces
– Place pieces in a pot of compost with a light sprinkle of compost on top
– Water and keep the soil and paper moist (do not let it dry out but do not leave it soaking wet either) in a warm and light environment
– Once your small plants have grown, place pot outside or keep on a window that has lots of sun
– Do not plant in nature – eco systems are fragile.